Kerry ETB in conjunction with the community and voluntary sector, organise and deliver courses in the villages and parishes of County Kerry. This ensures that all adults in Kerry have an opportunity to participate in adult education programmes.
Kerry ETB’s Community Education Programme
- The Community Education Programme aims to create an openness to alternative structures and sharing in learning rather than competing in it.
- Community Education also aims to locate personal, individual experiences within the broader social and political context. Community Education promotes learning that supports individuals and groups to address issues in their community and empowers the development of a group of adults who have the confidence to participate as active citizens.
- Kerry ETB’s Community Education Facilitator has solid links with the community and voluntary sector, schools and FET centres.
- Kerry ETB delivers educational opportunities that are accessible, flexible in nature and are designed in consultation with the learners in over 100 community venues in Kerry.
- Kerry ETB understands the needs of the community and voluntary sector, this value is deeply embedded in Kerry ETB and results in over 150 groups applying for Community Education provision annually.
|Eligible Groups||Examples of Programmes|
- Is rooted in equality, justice and empowerment
- Creates a voice for those who are furthest from the education system
- Is about social inclusion in its broadest sense
- Is needs based, driven by the community and reflective of lived experiences
- Recognises the value of accredited and non-accredited learning
- Promotes critical thinking
- Is learner centred, flexible, supportive, and developmental
- Is facilitative, group focused and open to new things
- Centres on relationship building
For further details, contact Michelle Anne Houlihan, Community Education Facilitator. email@example.com