Home School Community Liaison Scheme
Home School Community Liaison (HSCL) is a major mainstream preventative strategy targeted at pupils at risk of not reaching their potential in the educational system. Mainly because of background characteristics which tend to affect adversely pupil attainment and school retention. The scheme focuses directly on the salient adults in children’s educational lives while, seeking direct benefits for the children themselves.
The underlying policy of the scheme is one that seeks to promote partnership between parents and teachers. The purpose of this partnership is to enhance pupils’ learning opportunities and to promote their retention in the education system. In addition, the HSCL Scheme places great emphasis on collaboration with the local community. The HSCL Scheme is the pioneer in involving the school in the life of the community and involving the community and its agencies in the life of the school.
Goals of the HSCL Scheme
- To maximise active participation of the children in the learning process in particular those who might be at risk of failure.
- To promote active cooperation between home, school and relevant community agencies in promoting the educational interests of the children.
- To raise awareness in parents of their own capacities to enhance their children’s educational progress and to assist them in developing relevant skills.
- To enhance the children’s uptake from education, their retention in the educational system, their continuation to post-compulsory education and to third level and their attitudes to lifelong learning.
- To disseminate the positive outcomes of the scheme throughout the school system generally
Please see below contact details for our Home School Community Liaison team:
Colaiste Gleann Li.
086 827 9230
Coláiste Na Ríochta
086 008 1433
Causeway Comprehensive School
087 138 0699
Killarney Community College & Killorglin Community College
086 046 0508