Kerry Local Creative Youth Partnership at Kerry ETB has announced a list of online and live events for Culture Night. The events take place locally and nationally on Friday 17th September next.
Now in its fifteenth year, Culture Night provides a wide range of free creative and cultural experiences that are family friendly. This year, Kerry Local Creative Youth Partnership is collaborating with providers of services to children and young people to ensure Culture Night reaches into the heart of communities across Kerry. Collaborating with the Arts Office at the County Council who co-ordinate Culture Night locally, Kerry LCYP is delighted to announce seven key events which are guided by the participants themselves and feature children and young people of all ages.
Working with Deirdre Enright, Co-Ordinator of Kerry LCYP, the following organisations are actively participating in the night:
· Me + The Moon with children and young people from international communities in Tralee and Killarney
· St. John of Gods Kerry Services with young people of diverse abilities
· Kenmare Family Resource Centre with young people participating in youth dance and movement;
· Maine Valley Family Resource Centre with children from Castlemaine and surrounds
· St. John’s Theatre & Arts Centre with their young adult Theatrix Project
· Inspired Tralee with young people of mixed abilities
· Tara Donoghue Photography, working with children and young people and special educational needs.
The work features digital time capsules, dance videos, youth photography, culinary art, food design, visual art, music videos, exhibition display, film screenings and theatre. All events are featured on @kerrylcyp and on www.kerryetb.ie/creativity as well as on the Culture Night website www.culturenight.ie See social media @kerrylcyp @culturenight @kerrycoarts @artscouncilireland. For more information on individual events email email@example.com
Photo: T Donoghue