Windows on Our Lives a video slideshow describing the feelings of children and young people in a changing world
Creative Activities You Can Do at Home downloadable PDF’s that offer suggestions and know how on creative activities that can be done individually or in families or groups. This was a lockdown initiative, commissioned through the Creative Tutor Pool at Kerry ETB. Sixteen creative activities were commissioned.
Short Creativity Videos featuring artists at work in their studios, demonstrating a creative activity or making works that are interesting to watch. This was a lockdown initiative designed to be instructional for children young people and families to enjoy. Eleven short videos were commissioned.
Call for applications to a new funding scheme: LCYP devised the Creative Youth Grant Scheme with a closing date of the 25th September. The scheme offered direct grant aid to organisations that could develop new creative opportunities for young people and that were driven by youth voice. Grant aid recipients in 2020 include:
- Kenmare FRC for a Youth Film and a Youth Dance Project
- Total Art Works Studio LTD T/A Me and The Moon for a visual art project in direct provision.
- John’s Theatre & Arts Centre for an after-school creativity project.
Call for applications from organisations to express interest in collaborating with Kerry LCYP. Many organisations applied to develop a project in collaboration with Kerry LCYP and where Kerry ETB utilised a Creative Tutor Pool to develop the project offering, supporting also programme costs in the form of materials and supplies.
The following applicants applied to collaborate:
- KIDS Service Tralee to develop a music and poetry programme for young people with intellectual disability.
- Southwest Family Resource Centre for a creativity programme for geographically marginalised young people.
- Cordal Community Playschool CLG for a visual arts and drama programme exploring creativity in a rural community
- Novas Family Support Service for a community arts project with homeless young people and young people at risk of homelessness.
- AK Inspired Ability CLG for a culinary arts project including compilation of recipes, a recipe book and photography for young people with intellectual disability.
- Kerry County Council for youth voice consultations across three local authority estates.
- Make Your Mark Kerry an online project which features the play and leisure opinions of children and young people from three estates in Kerry. A collaboration with the Healthy Kerry Co-Ordinator at Kerry County Council and related to youth voice consultations.