Tá an scéim seo curtha i bhfeidhm chun deontais a sholáthar do mhic léinn sa bhliain acadúil 2016/2017.
Third Level Education Grants
Documents 2016/2017 Academic Year
- Grants Payment Schedule
- Details of grant payment dates in respect of the 2016/2017 academic year for students awarded by Kerry ETB who are pursuing Honours Degree courses.
- - Income Limits 2015/2016 on page 38.
- - Rates of Grant are listed on page 45.
- - Information on the the Special Rate of Maintenance Grant (Top-Up Grant) on Page 42.
- Student Support Regulations 2016
- Details of Approved Courses and Approved Institutions for 2016/2017 academic year.
- Students are reminded that Institutions of Education are required to provide details of student enrolments to the Department of Social Protection, to identify possible abuses of the Social Welfare System.
- You are not entitled to receive a Social Welfare payment while attending a full-time course of study unless you have received prior approval from the Department under the terms of the scheme.
- It is Department of Social Protection policy to consider for prosecution ALL cases of fraud and abuse of the Social Welfare system.
Renewal Grant Applications 2016/2017
If you held a student grant in 2015/2016 from Kerry ETB and are continuing your studies on the same course in the 2016/2017 academic year, Kerry ETB will continue to process your student grant until you complete your current course.
Renewal Forms will be issued to all students who are currently in receipt of a grant and are entering the next year of their course. The renewal form should be completed and returned to Kerry ETB as soon as possible - your examination results must be forwarded as soon as they are available. Please note that the renewal of your grant cannot be considered until all relevant documentation has been submitted. If you have not received a renewal form please contact the Grants Section without delay.
If you are currently attending college and are (a) changing course or (b) progressing to a new course you should not complete a Renewal Form for 2016/2017. You must instead submit a new application online to the new single awarding authority SUSI through www.susi.ie
Examples of Progression:
- Post-Leaving Certificate Course, progressing from QQI Level 5 to QQI Level 6
- Higher Certificate Course Level 6 progressing to Ordinary Degree Level 7
- Higher National Diploma (UK Qualification) progressing to Level 7 or Level 8 Degree
- Ordinary Degree progressing to add-on Year Level 8
- Honours Degree Level 8 progressing to Post-Graduate studies (including Higher Diploma, Master’s Degree and Doctoral Degree)
Some students may have their eligibility re-assessed for 2016/2017. Review forms will be issued to students who have been selected for re-assessment. If you have been selected for re-assessment, you will need to submit supporting income documentation for the 2015 Tax Year. Please note that the renewal of your grant cannot be considered until all relevant documentation has been submitted. If you have experienced a change in circumstances (drop in income etc.) since you were originally assessed for a Third Level Grant you may apply to have your eligibility reviewed.
For enquiries regarding Renewal and Re-Assessment forms please contact the Students Grants Section:
|Office Opening Hours||9am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm Monday to Friday|
|Direct Telephone||(066) 7121488|
|Fax number||(066) 7121531|
|Send Email||Kerry ETB Grants Department|