Community National Schools (CNS) are a new model of primary education that reflect and celebrate the diversity of Ireland in the 21st Century. They are under the patronage of the local ETB and receive the support of ETB experience in education.
A Community National School is one where:
- The school becomes a centre of the local community.
- Children are encouraged and supported in living their lives to the full.
- High standards are the goal in teaching and learning.
- Everybody is valued and treated with respect.
- Respect for plurality of faiths and non-faiths is seen as integral to the daily routine of the school.
CNS recognise the wishes of parents to have their children receive either religious education or morality based education during the school day. A new, child-centred, multi-belief programme "Goodness Me Goodness You" has been developed and is delivered through the use of digital technology. In liaison with the local faith community, children are nurtured in living to the full in accordance with faith tradition practices and celebrations including the celebration First Communion and Confirmation in the case of Roman Catholics.
CNS promote an open and consultative environment, where parents are valued as partners in their child's education. CNS also reflect and cater for the needs of their local communities through extra-curricular activities, parent classes etc.
For further information visit www.cns.ie or contact Kerry ETB.